Published Dec 02, 2012Last month, Chromatics followed up their incomparable Kill for Love LP with a mixtape called Running from the Sun. Now, the band's Johnny Jewel has continued compiling songs, this time on A Mix for Autumn.
The 45-minute mix includes tracks from Jewel's own projects alongside work from John Carpenter, Bill Conti, His Name is Alive, Blonde Redhead and many others.
Jewel delivered the mix with the following statement:
It's been a crazy couple of weeks…After Paris & Amsterdam…Chromatics flew from London to Australia for two weeks of festivals…Then Natty & I hopped on a plane from Brisbane…to Singapore…to Abu Dhabi…landing in Berlin 30 hours later in time to have breakfast with Ida…Symmetry played our first showt hat night opening up for Glass Candy in Berlin at Karl Lagerfeld's book release party…Patron with Oko…then Night Flight to Quebec…Brazil in the morning…Glass Candy throws a party in Sao Paulo for Bazaar's birthday. After looping the globe twice…We're finally back in Montreal for one of my favorite times of year. It's the end of Autumn, & all of the Reds, Greens, & Yellows have disintegrated into Black & White. Everything is buried by the snow…Perfect weather for locking yourself in the studio with a synthesizer & your favorite records…I put together a collage of songs that, for one reason or another…always remind me of Autumn.
Check out A Mix for Autumn below.
A Mix for Autumn:
1. Lamuka (Johnny Jewel Edit) / Zazou Bikaye Cy1
2. The Fading Faces / Symmetry
3. Nuit / Xeno & Oaklander
4. The President Is Gone / John Carpenter & Alan Howarth
5. Dans Mes Reves (Test Pressing) / Desire
6. One Night At The Raw Deal 12″/ Twisted Wires
7. Ceremony (16 Track Demo) / Chromatics Feat. Ida No On Lead Guitar
8. Stars & Houses (Feeling Without Touching 12″) / Glass Candy
9. It's More Fun To Compute (Symmetry Edit) / Kraftwerk
10. Home Is In Your Head / His Name Is Alive
11. Alone In The Ring / Bill Conti
12. As We Could Ever / His Name Is Alive
13. Boy Girl / Blonde Redhead
14. Afraid / Nico