Published Jul 06, 2009You know what your diet needs? While most doctors would say less cholesterol and more vegetables, we know it's really aching for a shot of Finnish metal. But making the medicine go down smoother would be if it came in the form of a particularly sweet rendition of, say, a Britney Spears tune.
It seems as if Finland's Children of Bodom already sensed the low levels of metalized pop in our bloodstream and have created the antidote. It's a compilation of previously recorded cover tunes called Skeletons in the Closet, which will be released via long-time label Spinefarm Records this fall.
A collection of their most aggressive, unique and unusual covers - they are blackened death metal after all - Skeletons in the Closet boasts, well, just read the tracklisting for yourself.
This is what's on the North American version:
1. "Lookin' Out My Back Door" (Credence Clearwater Revival)
2. "Hell Is For Children" (Pat Benatar)
3. "Somebody Put Something In My Drink" (Ramones)
4. "Mass Hypnosis" (Sepultura)
5. "Don't Stop At The Top" (Scorpions)
6. "Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)" (Kenny Rogers)
7. "Hellion" (W.A.S.P.)
8. "Aces High" (Iron Maiden)
9. "Rebel Yell" (Billy Idol)
10. "No Commands" (Stone)
11. "Antisocial" (Trust/Anthrax)
12. "Talk Dirty To Me" (Poison)
13. "Ghost Riders In The Sky" (Stan Jones)
14. "War Inside My Head" (Suicidal Tendencies)
15. "Ooops!... I Did It Again" (Britney Spears)