Published Feb 15, 2011Brainy Caribou mastermind Dan Snaith has been riding a high since the release of 2010's Polaris-nominated Swim album. Following a seemingly endless tour, Snaith is finally back at home and working on new material, including tracks under the new project name Daphni. In fact, five songs by new moniker are available on a new Resident Advisor podcast mixed by Snaith himself.
Speaking with RA, Snaith explained the origin of his Daphni moniker, saying, "I made a lot of new music for this mix -- the tracks credited as Daphni. It's been over a year since I made any music at all so I was eager to get back to making some. The tracks on this mix are just sketches really -- rough ideas that allowed for mixing the other tracks together in different ways."
Snaith's 70-minute mix can be downloaded via Resident Advisor here. You will just have to sign up for a membership to the site, which is a free and easy process. A full tracklisting is available below.
So far, there is no word on what future projects Snaith has planned for Daphni.
Caribou's Resident Advisor mix:
1. Brant "What Is a Number, That a Man May Know It?"
2. Daphni "Yes, I Know"
3. The Jellies "Jive Baby on a Saturday Night"
4. Hounds of Hat "Purple Stuff"
5. Daphni "Deep Blue"
6. Colored Mushroom & the Medicine Rocks "The Route to the Medicine Rocks"
7. Daphni "Buck Dance"
8. Harmonious Thelonious "Verwobene Muziek"
9. Harmonious Thelonious "Mokambo"
10. Bakey Ustl "A Tender Place"
11. Daphni "Scratch"
12. DJ Elmoe "Whea Yo Ghost At, Whea Yo Dead Man"
13. Daphni "Ye Ye"
14. Kingdom "Fogs"
15. [Voyager overdubs]
16. Lone "Angel Brain"
17. Ricardo Villalobos "Peculiar"
18. Charanjit Singh "Raga Malkauns"
19. DJ Clap Pina "Unakunukulpan"
20. Thomas Mapfumo "Shumba (Daphni Edit)"
21. Edward Larry Gordon "All Pervading"