Published Jan 20, 2009From the looks of things, 2009 is shaping up to be another busy year for Cadence Weapon. Via a new communiqué, the hip-hoppin' Edmontonian leaked word today that he has not one but two new albums in the works, as well as a new pay-what-you-want pricing scheme for his recent tour-only mixtape, Separation Anxiety.
According to Cadence Weapon, the first of the two new full-lengths is dubbed Roquentin and is about "abrupt shifts, hope, humanity, death and bands that take too long to soundcheck." The second is a collaborative effort with LA-based MC, Subtitle. For this one, Cadence says the duo are taking on the moniker Fall Fashion and working on an yet-untitled album about "mainly about getting fly."
And while he didn't say when we could expect either of these two records, his Separation Anxiety comp is now freely available for whatever price you wish over at his website. As previously reported, the mixtape was sold exclusively during the rapper's fall 2008 tour and comes boasting 74 minutes of remixes, unreleased tracks, collaborations and totally new productions.
If you're at all curious why Cadence Weapon is going the pay-what-you-want route with this one, he explains:
"I make a lot of music. So much in fact, I have trouble releasing it all. The first thing I ever officially released was a patchwork CD-R of random bootleg remixes, verses, unfinished songs and instrumentals called Cadence Weapon Is the Black Hand near the end of 2004. I had a girlfriend-type person spray-paint all the CD decals and I did the official Kinkos move for the cover art and tracklisting. Now that other people have the internet and use it for hacking music, it's made releasing music on it a more plausible idea. I wanted to do kind of a new version of the Black Hand mixtape.
"As a result, I am putting this thing out with a pay-what-you-want prompt thing in case you actually like my music (unlikely) and want to pay for it. But you don't have to pay."
Here are the tracks in store on Separation Anxiety:
1. Roll With The Winners (Prod. Herve & A-Trak)
2. The Cansecos "Rise Up" (Cadence Weapon Mix)
3. Pretty Girls Make Raves (Prod. Stuffa, Mapei and Sinden)
4. Mini T.V.'s (Chad Vangaalen Cover, Live ft. Final Fantasy)
5. Sailboats Are White "SAW" (Cadence Weapon Hi-Speed Edit)
6. Sally Shapiro "He Keeps Me Alive" (Cadence Weapon Mix)
7. Bad Graffiti (Prod. Murge)
8. Roland Pemberton III "Rupture Vers Le Haut"
9. The Morning After (Prod. C-Sekshun)
10. RJD2 "Sweet Piece" (Cadence Weapon's Ladykiller Remix)
11. "Kennedy Curse"
12. Kid Sister "Damn Girl" (Cadence Weapon Remix)
13. Shout Out Out Out Out "Coming Home (We Do Acid)" (Demo)
14. Busdriver "Sun Shower" (Cadence Weapon`s Raleigh Remix)
15. Junior Bloomsday "Your Perfect Gene" (ft. Cadence Weapon)
16. The Wet Secrets "The Chinball Wizard" (Cadence Weapon's Samir-Themed Remix)
17. House Music Medley (Bird Peterson, A1 Bassline, The Cansecos)
18. Super Extra Bonus Party "Radar" (Demo)
19. Roots Manuva "Buff Nuff" (Cadence Weapon Tuff Mix)
20. The D.B. Buxton Revue "Sex With My Ex" (Cadence Weapon's No Sex Mix)
Cadence Weapon "Real Estate"