Published Dec 02, 2008Following a lengthy absence, the Boy Least Likely To are finally gearing up to return in 2009 with a new album. The well-mannered UK twee outfit have announced their sophomore effort Law Of The Playground will see the light of day on March 3 and come courtesy of their new label home +1 Records.
The follow-up to 2005's much-loved The Best Party Ever was originally slated for a summer release, but was forced to sit on the shelf after the group's label went belly up. Now, though, the band have regained their baby and, with song titles like "I Box Up All the Butterflies," "Whiskers" and "When Life Gives Me Lemons I Make Lemonade," it appears the label woes haven't dampened their usual cheer.
Along with prepping their new album, the Boy Least Likely To have recently recorded a new yuletide number "The First Snowflake," which is currently streaming on the group's MySpace page.
There's no word yet of any upcoming tour activity, but for now, here's the tracklisting for Law Of The Playground:
1. "Saddle U"
2. "Balloon on a Broken String"
3. "When Life Gives Me Lemons I Make Lemonade"
4. "I Box Up All the Buterflies"
5. "The Boy With Two Hearts"
6. "Stringing Up Conkers"
7. "The Boy Least Likely To Is a Machine"
9. "Every Goliath Has Its David"
10. "The Nature Of The Boy Least Likely To"
11. "I Keep Myself To Myself"
12. "The Worm Forgives the Plough"
13. "A Fairytale Ending"
The Boy Least Likely To "The First Snowflake"
The First Snowflake from The Boy Least Likely To on Vimeo.