Published Dec 18, 2013Long-defunct Scottish new wave band Aztec Camera haven't been around for almost two decades, but one of the group's finest moments will be remembered via a new reissue. On February 4, Domino will release an expanded 30th anniversary edition of Aztec Camera's 1983 debut High Land, Hard Rain.
The album has been remastered from the analog tapes and will be available as a two-CD package, with the original 10-song album on the first disc and a heap of extras on the second. It's also being released on vinyl, with the extras included as a downloadable accompaniment to the LP.
High Land, Hard Rain was reissued in expanded form by Edsel in 2012, but this pressing includes a heap of additional tracks; many of the rarities were previously unavailable digitally. The album originally came out through Rough Trade in the UK and Sire in North American.
Band leader Roddy Frame was just 18 when High Land, Hard Rain was made. Frame recently played the album in its entirety during some 30th anniversary gigs in the UK. Scroll past the tracklist to watch footage of him playing "Oblivious" earlier this month.
The first 400 pre-orders will receive a bonus 7-inch with four extra rarities.
The news of the High Land, Hard Rain reissues follows today's announcement that Scottish peers Orange Juice will also be treated to more reissues via Domino on February 3.
High Land, Hard Rain:
2. The Boy Wonders
3. Walk Out to Winter
4. The Bugle Sounds Again
5. We Could Send Letters
6. Pillar to Post
8. Lost Outside the Tunnel
9. Back on Board
10. Down the Dip
CD 2/LP download:
1. Pillar to Post (original single version)
2. Queen's Tattoos
3. Orchid Girl
5. Walk Out to Winter (Tony Mansfield 7" version)
6. Set the Killing Free
7. Back on Board (live on CFNY)
8. We Could Send Letters (live on CFNY)
9. Walk Out to Winter (Kid Jensen Session)
10. Down the Dip (Kid Jensen Session)
11. Back on Board (Kid Jensen Session)
12. Release (Kid Jensen Session)
13. Walk Out to Winter (John Brand unreleased single version)
14. Walk Out to Winter (Tony Mansfield 12" version)
15. Oblivious (Colin Fairley remix)
16. Oblivious (Langer / Winstanley remix)
A1. The Boy Wonders (Capital Radio Session)
A2. Release (Capital Radio Session)
B1. We Could Send Letters (C81 Version)
B2. The Bugle Sounds Again (Bedroom Demo)