While Mike Kinsella will be heard later this month bringing textural beats to Owls' long-awaited sophomore set Two, the focus will soon be put onto the artist's old American Football project via an upcoming expanded reissue of the troupe's 1999 self-titled debut.
A double-LP edition of American Football, the band's lone long-player, is set to arrive through Polyvinyl Records on May 20. A listing for the package on Shop Radio Cast [via Modern Vinyl] reveals that the original nine-song album will be complemented with a second platter containing live tracks recorded in Champaign, IL, unreleased boombox recordings and demo material.
Down below, you'll find the tracklisting info, which splits the LP proper from the extras.
This will be the second time Polyvinyl has pressed American Football onto vinyl, having first delivered the album on wax in 2004. The group's three-song debut is also highlighted on the upcoming reissue, via the inclusion of live track "Five Silent Miles." That likewise eponymous EP had first been issued as part of the Polyvinyl CD Singles Series in 2008 and yielded its own one-sided 12-inch in 2008.
As for Owls' Two, it drops March 25, also through Polyvinyl.
Read our timeline on Tim and Mike Kinsella here.
UPDATE: You can hear one of the new bonus tracks below.
1. Never Meant
2. The Summer Ends
4. For Sure
5. You Know I Should Be Leaving Soon
6. But the Regrets Are Killing Me
7. I'll See You When We're Both Not So Emotional
8. Stay Home
9. The One With The Wurlitzer
10. Intro [Live at the Blind Pig, Champaign, IL, 1997]
11. Five Silent Miles [Live at the Blind Pig, Champaign, IL, 1997]
12. Untitled #1 (The One with the Trumpet) [Boombox Practice Session, 1998]
13. Untitled #2 [Boombox Practice Session, 1998]
14. Stay Home [Boombox Practice Session, 1998]
15. Untitled #3 [Boombox Practice Session, 1999]
16. Never Meant [4-Track Album Prep, 1999]
17. But the Regrets Are Killing Me [4-Track Album Prep, 1999]
18. I'll See You When We're Both Not So Emotional [4-Track Album Prep, 1999]
19. The 7's [Live at the Blind Pig, Champaign, IL, 1997]