This week marks the arrival of another Disney Star Wars movie, with The Last Jedi swooping into theatres on December 15. It's the second film in the current trilogy, and one that some think will earn Mark Hamill some Oscar daps. Whether or not that's true, the man known as Luke Skywalker has his own thoughts on the current iteration of the franchise.
In an interview with Metro, Hamill said he's a little disappointed with Disney for ignoring the story plans laid out by creator George Lucas before he sold off the rights to the series.
"What I wish is that they had been more accepting of his guidance and advice," Hamill said of Disney's relationship with Lucas. "Because he had an outline for '7,' '8,' and '9.' And it is vastly different to what they have done."
Hamill was quick to admit that Disney's plan is clearly working — they've brought in billions of dollars with The Force Awakens and Rogue One.
"But then again, I don't want to be an old stick in the mud," he continued. "There were the originals. There's the prequels. But that's all George. And now we have the next generation. And as far as I can see they are more popular than ever."
The Last Jedi opens on December 15.