Published Dec 07, 2016As 2016 comes to a close, YouTube has revealed what exactly Canadians were watching while we peered into our tiny screens, ignoring the outside world. The streaming giant has released its annual list of the most watched videos in our home and native land, and the results prove that we Canucks have a rather diverse range of interests.
From pop star parodies like Channing Tatum doing Beyoncé's "Run the World (Girls)" on Lip Sync Battle and Adele's stint on "Carpool Karaoke" and President Obama attempting to pronounce "Mississauga" to hilarious sibling teasing and footage of one of the year's most devastating natural disasters, there's plenty of action, hilarity and even some educational content to take in.
See the 10 videos that were most watched by Canadians this year down below.
1. Channing Tatum & Beyoncé's "Run the World (Girls)" vs. Jenna Dewan-Tatum's "Pony" from Lip Sync Battle.
2. Adele on "Carpool Karaoke" from The Late Late Show with James Cordon.
3. "So You Want to Move to Canada, Eh?" from The Ellen Show.
4. How To Be a YouTube Star starring Superwoman and the Rock.
5. Céline Dion on "Wheel of Musical Impressions" from The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.
6. What's inside a rattlesnake rattle?
7. Brothers convince little sister of zombie apocalypse.
8. "Soccer Trick Shots" from Dude Perfect.
9. Obama pronouncing Mississauga.
10. Caught on camera: Fort McMurray fire erupts behind Global News reporter.