Published Mar 03, 2016It's tough to overstate the cultural impact that Star Wars: The Force Awakens had last year, but the movie's not done raking in the dough just yet. Today, details have emerged for the film's home release.
The Force Awakens will arrive digitally on April 1, with a Blu-ray release (and DVD, if you're living in the stone ages) on April 5.
As could be expected, the home release is packed with bonus material, including deleted scenes, behind-the-scenes featurettes and a feature-length documentary.
Depending on which big-box store you buy it from, there will also be different exclusive material available to download.
Check out the specs for the Blu-ray release of Star Wars below, along with a new trailer.
• Secrets of The Force Awakens: A Cinematic Journey – For the first time, discover the complete story behind the making of The Force Awakens, revealed through in-depth footage and exclusive interviews with the actors and filmmakers in this feature documentary
• The Story Awakens: The Table Read – Cast members familiar and new reflect on the memorable day they all first came together to read the movie's script Building BB-8 – See how the filmmakers brought the newest droid to the screen, creating an instant fan favorite in the Star Wars universe
• Crafting Creatures – Watch movie magic as the filmmakers bring a cast of new creatures to life
• Blueprint of a Battle: The Snow Fight – Go deeper into the epic, climactic lightsaber battle between Rey and Kylo Ren
• John Williams: The Seventh Symphony – The legendary composer shares personal insights of his work on Star Wars and The Force Awakens
• ILM: The Visual Magic of The Force – An insider's look into the remarkable digital artistry of the movie's visual effects.
• Force For Change – Heroes come in all shapes and sizes. See how the Star Wars: Force for Change initiative has united Star Wars fans all over the globe to help others
• Plus Deleted Scenes
* Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer